Sunday, November 27, 2011

Final

Click here for the video


My big idea for this project was “infinity.” Before beginning the project, I decided that showing images of space or the universe would be a great way to show that, from my perspective, space is infinite. My first idea was to create a video rather than three images.

I gained experience with making videos back in high school, so it was fun to have a reason to go and make a video again. I put a decent amount of time into the project, but I wasn’t able to render it properly. The main problem was that part of the video had a rotating earth that I made from a flat image, but no matter what output settings I used, the video always had the flat image rather than the sphere that the earth was supposed to be.

Since the video seemed to be impossible, I decided to make static images instead. I made two pictures of different aspects of space; one is similar to our solar system, while the other is a little more abstract and theoretical.

I was also able to make a video of a rotating earth, but without the other things that I had originally wanted to include in the first project design.

Even after the initial trouble, I am pretty happy with how the final project turned out. I think all the images help to show my big idea:

- Rotating earth: a continuous rotation

- Solar system: Didn’t really represent infinity by itself, but it serves as a sample of the infinitely many images that I could have made

- Space shuttle: shows a space shuttle slowly moving through various objects in space (Also includes the “0.999…”)

Overall, one of the most fascinating parts of the project for me was that there were infinitely many images I could have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment