Friday, October 7, 2011

Mapping and Layers

Here is the map I created for Micro Project 1:


(Click on the image to see the full size.)

To make this image, I used many tools in Photoshop, including:
  • Crop tool - used to cut off excess and unnecessary parts of images
  • Magic wand tool - used to "cut out" the shoe
  • Type Tool - used to make text
  • Brush tool - used to make the path on the main map
  • Clone stamp tool - used for minor fix-ups in some of the pictures
  • Pen tool - used to create the "zoom in" effects for the images
  • Paint bucket tool - to fill the background and the path selections made from the "zoom in" effects
I also used many of the features in "Blending Options" to make shadows, borders, etc. The main title text uses an image of rippling water as a clipping mask.

My goal for the project was to show how my walk to AE252 class is unique, even though we all end up at the same destination. I tried to do this by pointing out some of the different sights that I see on my way to class, and by highlighting the path that I generally take.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent explanation! I wish everyone was as thorough as you.

    ReplyDelete